2016 Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 30, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2016 Acura RDX are $1,218 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs around $248, collision insurance costs $458, and liability costs around $376. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $426 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,640. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,578 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,218
Rate estimates for 2016 Acura RDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Acura RDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $426 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,640 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Acura RDX Insurance
Finding better insurance prices for an Acura RDX can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Acura and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rates on RDX insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to find better coverage at a better price.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
All major auto insurance companies give insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
Rate comparisons made easy
An easier way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one form that obtains quotes from multiple companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance coverage. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance coverage on RDX insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Acura can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on RDX insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on RDX insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Elements that influence Acura RDX insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money on your RDX policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Acura RDX scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2016 Acura RDX by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you switch to their company.
How does each company make the same claim?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you need to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, court costs, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your RDX from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, doctor visits, EMT expenses, dental work and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2016 Acura RDX.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Summing up your car insurance search
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to shop for 2016 Acura RDX insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Low-cost insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,923|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,079|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$90|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$55|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.