Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
How much does an Acura RDX cost to insure? On average, Acura RDX insurance cost for full coverage average $1,292 a year, or $107 a month. Our guide breaks down Acura RDX car insurance so drivers can easily find savings. Learn more.
Enter your ZIP code in our free tool to get started on comparing Acura RDX insurance rates and find out how much is an Acura RDX to insure.
U.S. average insurance rates for an Acura RDX are $1,292 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $308, collision costs $532, and liability costs around $316. Liability-only coverage costs as low as $376 a year, with high-risk coverage costing $2,782 or more. 16-year-old drivers pay the highest rates at $4,674 a year or more.
Average premium for full coverage: $1,292
Price estimates broken down by individual coverage:
Full coverage includes $500 policy deductibles, minimum liability limits, and includes medical and UM/UIM coverage. Estimates are averaged for all states and for all RDX models.
Price Range from Low to High
For a 40-year-old driver, Acura RDX insurance prices go from the low end price of $376 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,782 for high-risk insurance.
Geographic Price Range
Where you live can make a big difference on insurance rates. More rural locations have lower incidents of accident claims than congested cities.
The example below illustrates how your location can change insurance prices.
The ranges above show why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area, instead of making a decision based on rate averages.
Use the form below to get customized rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
More Rate Details
The chart below shows estimated Acura RDX insurance rates for other coverage scenarios.
- The best full coverage rate is $741
- Using higher $1,000 deductibles will save approximately $192 a year
- The estimated price for the average middle-age driver who has $500 deductibles is $1,292
- Buying pricier low deductibles for physical damage coverage will cost an additional $368 annually
- High-risk insureds with multiple tickets or accidents could pay up to $2,782 or more
- The price that insures a 16-year-old driver for full coverage can cost as much as $4,674 or more
Auto insurance prices for an Acura RDX are also quite variable based on the model of your RDX, how you drive, and liability limits and deductibles.
If you have some driving violations or you caused an accident, you could be paying $1,500 to $2,100 in extra premium each year, depending on your age. Acura RDX insurance for high-risk drivers can be from 45% to 130% more than the average rate. View High Risk Driver Rates
A more mature driver with a good driving record and higher comprehensive and collision deductibles may pay as low as $1,200 a year for full coverage. Prices are highest for teenage drivers, since even teens with perfect driving records will have to pay at least $4,600 a year. View Rates by Age
The state you live in has a huge impact on Acura RDX insurance prices. A driver around age 40 might see prices as low as $850 a year in states like Iowa, Maine, and Idaho, or at least $1,840 on average in New York, Louisiana, and Michigan.
|State||Premium||Compared to U.S. Avg||Percent Difference|
Opting for high physical damage deductibles could cut prices by as much as $560 annually, whereas buying more liability protection will increase premiums. Going from a 50/100 bodily injury protection limit to a 250/500 limit will increase prices by as much as $285 extra every year. View Rates by Deductible or Liability Limit
Since prices can be so different, the only way to know which car insurance is cheapest is to regularly compare prices from multiple companies. Each insurance company utilizes a different rate formula, and quoted prices may be quite different.
Insurance Rates by Trim Level and Model Year
|Model and Trim||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acura RDX 2WD||$1,246||$104|
|Acura RDX AWD||$1,246||$104|
|Acura RDX Technology Package 2WD||$1,336||$111|
|Acura RDX Technology Package AWD||$1,336||$111|
Rates assume 2020 model year, a 40-year-old male driver with no accidents or violations, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, minimum liability limits, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage included. Rates are for comparison only and are averaged for all 50 U.S. states.
|Model Year||Comprehensive||Collision||Liability||Total Premium|
|2020 Acura RDX||$308||$532||$316||$1,292|
|2019 Acura RDX||$294||$512||$332||$1,274|
|2018 Acura RDX||$282||$506||$338||$1,262|
|2017 Acura RDX||$272||$494||$354||$1,256|
|2016 Acura RDX||$262||$474||$364||$1,236|
|2015 Acura RDX||$248||$458||$376||$1,218|
|2014 Acura RDX||$238||$424||$384||$1,182|
|2013 Acura RDX||$230||$400||$388||$1,154|
|2012 Acura RDX||$220||$358||$390||$1,104|
|2011 Acura RDX||$206||$330||$390||$1,062|
|2010 Acura RDX||$198||$310||$394||$1,038|
|2009 Acura RDX||$194||$288||$402||$1,020|
|2008 Acura RDX||$180||$268||$402||$986|
|2007 Acura RDX||$174||$244||$406||$960|
Rates are averaged for all Acura RDX models and trim levels. Rates assume a 40-year-old male driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and a clean driving record.
How to Find More Affordable Acura RDX Insurance
Getting lower rates on insurance for an Acura RDX requires avoiding accidents and claims, maintaining a good credit score, eliminating unnecessary coverage, and qualifying for all possible discounts. Comparison shop every couple of years by getting rate quotes from direct carriers, and also from your local independent and exclusive agents.
The points below are a summary of the material that was illustrated above.
- Insureds who want increased liability limits will pay around $350 each year to increase from a low limit to the 250/500 level
- Drivers under the age of 20 are the costliest to insure, with premiums as much as $390 a month if the policy includes full coverage
- Drivers considered higher risk who have multiple accidents or major violations may pay on average $1,490 more annually to insure an Acura RDX
- Increasing physical damage deductibles can save approximately $550 each year
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Acura RDX expensive to insure? The estimated price for the average middle-age driver who has $500 deductibles is $1,292.
- How much does it cost to fill up an Acura RDX? According to FuelEconomy.gov the Annual Acura RDX Fuel Cost is $1,750.
- Is the 2020 Acura RDX a good car? It’s an all around good car in the luxury compact SUV category.
- What is the Acura RDX cost of ownership? According to RepairPal.com, “Cost. The average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Acura RDX is $497, compared to an average of $859 for luxury compact SUVs and $652 for all vehicle models.” Plus your insurance cost and any loan you may have on your Acura RDX.
- What is the Acura RDX depreciation? According to CarEdge.com, “On average, expect to pay only 53% of the original cost with 67% of the vehicle’s lifetime remaining for a 2016 RDX.”
- What are the Acura RDX maintenance cost? See above from RepairPal
- Are Acura RDX expensive to maintain? Not more than other vehicles in its category.
To find the cheapest Acura insurance, make sure to compare rates. Doing so will allow you to compare multiple models, such as 2020 Acura costs, 2018 RDX costs, or the 2019 Acura RDX cost to own and insurance prices.
So if you are ready to find out the cost of Acura RDX 2016 insurance or Acura RDX 2013 cost of insurance, enter your ZIP code in our free tool below.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the Acura RDX safety ratings?
The Acura RDX cost to own can be cheaper if there are multiple safety features and good safety ratings, as insurers will offer discounts. The Acura RDX has some great safety features, such as vehicle stability assist, brake assist, automatic brake hold, and more.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has also crash-tested the Acura RDX and awarded it a 2020 Top Safety Pick award.
- Small overlap front (driver-side): Good
- Small overlap front (passenger-side): Good
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Watch the video below for an example of one of the Acura RDX’s crash tests.
Acura RDX Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
The Acura RDX is a midsize luxury SUV, which can affect it’s liability rates. The IIHS recorded the liability losses for property damage as better than average and the bodily injury losses as substantially better than average.
Curious to see how other midsize SUV’s rates compare to the Audi RDX or want to know what the least expensive Acura is? Check out the midsize luxury SUVs below.
Ready to start shopping to find out everything from are Acura RDX expensive to maintain insurance to Acura RDS 2105 deals on insurance and 2016 RDX prices paid for insurance? Enter your ZIP code in our free tool below for help finding Acura RDX insurance rates.
Rate Tables and Charts
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$97|
|5-yr Claim Free||$83|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$61|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.